|Season 6, Episode 29|
|Ep.# in Series:||197|
|Air date||April 18, 1965|
|Written by||Ed Adamson|
|Directed by||Virgil Vogel|
| Previous Episode:|
A Good Night's Rest
| Next Episode:|
To Own the World on IMDb
To Own the World on TV.com
A rich tycoon who is known for destroying anything that stands in the way of getting what he wants, vows to have the Ponderosa, no matter what the cost.
Charles Hackett is one of the richest men in the world. He offers to buy the Ponderosa, but Ben informs him it's not for sale at any price.
Used to getting what he wants, Hackett employs whatever means necessary to get the Carwrights off of their property.
In the process, he destroys his relationship with his loving wife, Maria.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Bill Clark: Luke
- Bruno VeSota: Norm
- Cap Somers: Poker Player
- Curt Conway: Harry Towers
- Danny Borzage: Barfly
- George DeNormand: Hackett Party Guest
- Herman Hack: Townsman
- Jack Tornek: Hackett Party Guest
- J. Edward McKinley: Mayor
- John Hubbard: Carl Davis
- Linda Lawson: Maria Hackett
- Phil Chambers: Sam
- Robert F. Hoy: Phil
- Sailor Vincent: Poker Player
- Sam Harris: Hackett Party Guest
- Telly Savalas: Charles Augustus Hackett
- William H. O'Brien: Townsman
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Der reichste Mann der Welt", meaning "The Richest Man Of The World".
- TV Guide names this episode as a classic.
- Pernell Roberts' last on-air appearance.
- "Charles, please. Leave the Cartwrights alone. You saw them out there. They’re a happy, contented, loving family."
- ―Maria Hackett[src]