| Season 3, Episode 24 |
#90 in Series
|Air date||March 4, 1962|
|Written by||Norman Lessing|
|Directed by||Christian Nyby|
| Previous Episode:|
| Next Episode:|
The Wooing of Abigail Jones on IMDb
The Wooing of Abigail Jones on TV.com
Their first plan is to impress the romantic Abigail by Hank covering a puddle with his jacket following Sir Walter Raleigh's example. Unfortunately Abigail slips.
After their first plan backfires, they convince Adam (who doesn't want to get involved) to help. This makes things worse because Abigail now believes it's Adam who's wooing her and Hank thinks Adam is trying to steal her away. Further plans to catch Abigail's interest fail.
Then, after all hope has gone, Abigail hears Hank singing and suddenly she falls in love with him. They marry soon.
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Diana Darrin: Margie
- Eileen Ryan: Abigail Jones
- Norma Varden: Ma Nutley
- Robert J. Stevenson: Charlie the Proprietor
- Vaughn Monroe: Hank Myers
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Die Werbung um Abigail Jones", meaning "The Wooing About Abigail Jones".
- A clip from this episode appeared in the 1994 NBC special Back to Bonanza.
- ""Well, she's not exactly a girl"
"Hank, I know you love your horse, but this is a little bit ridiculous"
"It's Abigail Jones"
- ―Hank and Little Joe[src]
|The Smiler | Springtime | The Honor of Cochise | The Lonely House | The Burma Rarity | Broken Ballad | The Many Faces of Gideon Flinch | The Friendship | The Countess | The Horse Breaker | Day of the Dragon | The Frenchman | The Tin Badge | Gabrielle | Land Grab | The Tall Stranger | The Lady from Baltimore | The Ride | The Storm | The Auld Sod | Gift of Water | The Jackknife | The Guilty | The Wooing of Abigail Jones | The Lawmaker | Look to the Stars | The Gamble | The Crucible | Inger, My Love | Blessed Are They | The Dowry | The Long Night | The Mountain Girl | The Miracle Maker|