| Season 4, Episode 24 |
#124 in Series
|Air date||March 10, 1963|
|Written by||Raphael David Blau|
|Directed by||Murray Golden|
| Previous Episode:|
A Stranger Passed This Way
| Next Episode:|
A Woman Lost
The Way of Aaron on IMDb
The Way of Aaron on TV.com
Adam falls madly in love with Rebecca Kaufman and asks her hand in marriage. Her father, an Orthodox Jewish peddler, is bound by tradition and refuses to give his consent. Further problems arise when the old man's wagon is attacked by bandits on the Sabbath.
Aaron, a peddler, makes a sales call at the Ponderosa. He is accompanied by his lovely daughter, Rebecca. Adam and Rebecca are immediately attracted to one another, and Adam contrives to meet with Rebecca again on the peddler's return visit.
After they leave, he talks with Ben about arranging a party at the Ponderosa to help Rebecca meet others in the area. Ben agrees, and Adam rides off to carry the invitation to Rebecca in person.
Meanwhile, Aaron and his daughter have stopped on the trail for the night in order to prepare for the Sabbath. Adam is impressed when he learns that Aaron is a devout practitioner of his Jewish faith.
Unfortunately, two outlaws have been stalking the peddler. He and his daughter are in grave danger unless Adam can help them.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Aneta Corsaut: Rebecca Kaufman
- Harry Dean Stanton: Stiles
- Jason Wingreen: Hank
- Ludwig Donath: Aaron Kaufman
- Sarah Selby: Mrs. Cardiff
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Am Sabbat sollst du ruhen", meaning "You Have to Rest on Sabbath".