|Season 5, Episode 10|
The Quality of Mercy
The Waiting Game on IMDb
The Waiting Game on TV.com
Adam becomes involved with the recently widowed Laura Dayton and her little girl, Peggy.
When Laura Dayton's husband Frank is killed, she withholds this tragic truth from her daughter, Peggy, who is anxiously awaiting her daddy's return.
Adam takes a noticeable interest in Laura and makes it a personal priority to help her and Peggy to move forward. How? By convincing Laura to tell Peggy the truth. (For a detailed recap, please refer to the Laura Dayton wikia.)
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Betty Endicott: Brunette Party Guest
- Bill Quinn: Walt
- Craig Duncan: Wagon Driver
- Jackie Loughery: The 'Other Woman'
- Martha Manor: Blonde Party Guest
- Wayde Preston: Frank Dayton
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Wenn ich bis 100 zähle", meaning "If I Count to 100".
- Little Joe is mentioned in this episode, but he does not appear.
- Due to Pernell Roberts' desire to leave the series, this was the first of a proposed 8 or 10 episodes in which he would eventually be written out of the series. One of Pernell's biggest issues with the show was that none of the Cartwright sons were married and that the most likely choice would be Adam. Ahead of his time and a passionate advocate for civil rights; Pernell suggested that Adam marry an Indian woman and that an African American actress should portray her. David Dortort compromised and began developing a love story between Adam and new recurring character, Laura Dayton played by Kathie Brown.