|Season 5, Episode 10|
|Air date||December 8, 1963|
|Written by||Ed Adamson|
|Directed by||Richard Sarafin|
The Quality of Mercy
The Waiting Game on IMDb
The Waiting Game on TV.com
Laura's husband, Frank, is killed and she decides to keep the news from their young daughter, Peggy. Adam promises not to tell the tot, and, in the meantime, finds himself falling in love with the young widow.
When Laura Dayton's husband Frank is killed, she decides not to reveal this tragic fact to her wide-eyed little daughter Peggy, who is anxiously awaiting her daddy's return.
Agreeing to help keep Laura's secret, Adam Cartwright finds himself falling in love with her.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Greene: Ben Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon:joe Cartwright
- [jillian astin]]:jillian Cartwright
- Betty Endicott: Brunette Party Guest
- Bill Quinn: Walt
- Craig Duncan: Wagon Driver
- Jackie Loughery: The 'Other Woman'
- Martha Manor: Blonde Party Guest
- Wayde Preston: Frank Dayton
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Wenn ich bis 100 zähle", meaning "If I Count to 100".
- Adam admonishes Laura for not telling her daughter that her father died. He mentioned that someone had to tell him when his mother died. However,in Elizabeth, My Love, Adam's mother dies when she's giving birth to him.