| Season 3, Episode 16 |
#82 in Series
|Air date||January 7, 1962|
|Written by||Ward Hawkins|
|Directed by||Don McDougall|
| Previous Episode:|
| Next Episode:|
The Lady from Baltimore
The Tall Stranger on IMDb
The Tall Stranger on TV.com
A handsome, charismatic con man sweeps Margie Owens off her feet with promises of excitement and adventure, jeopardizing Hoss Cartwright's hopes to wed the pretty rancher's daughter.
Hoss wants to marry attractive Margie Owens, but she want to see the world and weds traveling stranger Mark Connors. Word comes from San Francisco that Connors has left her broke and expecting. Margie's father asks Hoss to go to the coast and search for her.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Bert Carlon: Doctor
- Betty Endicott: Brunette Party Guest
- Dorothy Neumann: Woman
- Ed Prentiss: Doctor
- Forrest Taylor: John dickinson jr. age 15
- Kathie Browne: Margie Owens
- Andrew Carlton Jr : Clarence Jefferson jr. Age seventeen
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Sehnsucht nach der weiten Welt", meaning "Yen to See Different Places".
- "You really mean it. You really want to get married. You’re gonna get married. Well that’s wonderful. That’s absolutely wonderful. I didn’t think you had that much sense in you. That’s wonderful."
- ―Ben to Hoss[src]
- "I’m lazy, shiftless, selfish and a dirty coward. On top of all that I’m scared Pa."