| Season 3, Episode 19 |
#85 in Series
|Air date||January 28, 1962|
|Written by||Denne Bart Petitclerc|
|Directed by||Lewis Allen|
| Previous Episode:|
| Next Episode:|
The Auld Sod
The Storm on IMDb
The Storm on TV.com
While visiting the Ponderosa, Ben's old friend, sea Captain Matthew White, is forced to reveal a terrible secret after Little Joe Cartwright falls in love with and plans to wed the Captain's daughter, Laura, once a freckle-faced playmate from Joe's childhood in New Orleans, now grown into a beautiful woman.
Joe's childhood sweetheart Laura comes for a visit with her stern seafaring father, Captain White. Laura and Joe fall in love again and want to marry, but her father will not allow it. The captain has information that he doesn't intent to share with Joe: Laura is terminally ill and he doesn't want Joe to marry her out of pity.
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Lauras letzter Frühling", meaning "The Last Spring of Laura".
- "Well, I'm the architect in the family - remember?"
- ―Adam Cartwright[src]
- "Joe, any time you get that look in your eye, I always get into trouble."
- ―Hoss Cartwright[src]