| Season 3, Episode 1 |
#67 in Series
|Air date||September 24, 1961|
|Written by||Lewis Reed|
|Directed by||Thomas Carr|
| Previous Episode:|
| Next Episode:|
The Smiler on IMDb
The Smiler on TV.com
The brother of a man Hoss killed in self-defense says he understands but secretly plans revenge.
While defending the honor of Widow McClure, Hoss accidentally kills Arthur, the town bully. Arthur's brother Clarence comes to Virginia City and tells Hoss all is forgiven.
Behind that smile, the brother is scheming revenge. It involves coercing Mrs. McClure into changing her testimony before the court hearing.
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Betty Endicott: Brunette Saloon Girl
- Bill Clark: Townsman
- Bill Zuckert: Gilbert
- Bob Miles: Cowboy at Bar
- Catherine McLeod: Mrs. McClure
- Cosmo Sardo: Bartender
- Herschel Bernardi: Clarence Bolling
- Hy Terman: Arthur Bolling
- Martha Manor: Blonde Saloon Girl
- Robert Foulk: Deputy Sheriff Fred
- Scatman Crothers: Jud
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Der Mann mit dem Lächeln", meaning "The Man With The Smile".