|Season 5, Episode 26|
|Ep.# in Series:||160|
|Air date||March 29, 1964|
|Written by||Robert V. Barron|
|Directed by||John Florea|
| Previous Episode:|
Return to Honor
| Next Episode:|
The Saga of Muley Jones on IMDb
The Saga of Muley Jones on TV.com
Muley Jones, a Cartwright cousin from Missouri, visits the Ponderosa. He proves a major disruption and headache for his relatives and unintentionally fouls up their negotiations with an Indian tribe.
Hoss gets into a fight with a young drifter. When the sheriff breaks up the fight, the stranger introduces himself as Muley Jones, a distant cousin, and bear-hugs Hoss in friendship. The handsome, childish Muley loves to sing and does it at every opportunity.
Unfortunately, his singing voice is so booming that it shatters glass with impunity and rattles ANYTHING more solid.
Meanwhile, the sheriff is looking for a couple of moonshiners (Jesse White, Strother Martin) who are selling their own liquor to various drinking establishments.
Though Muley is just about as dumb as he looks, he provides help to the sheriff in a fashion ... well, just listen to it.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- pernell Roberts:Adam Cartwright
- Michael Landon]]: joe cartwright
- jillian m. Astin : Jillian Cartwright
- Bern Hoffman: Bartender sam Williamson
- Bill Clark: Curt Anderson
- Bruce Yarnell: Muley Jones
- Jerome Cowan: Mr. Thornbridge
- Jesse White: Jessie Saunders
- Ken Drake: [[Brave Pony
- Ralph Moody: Chief White Bear
- Strother Martin: Yurt Paulson
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Das Stimmwunder", meaning "The Voice Talent".