| Season 6, Episode 20 |
#188 in Series
|Air date||February 7, 1965|
|Written by||Blair Robertson |
|Directed by||Herbert L. Strock|
| Previous Episode:|
The Flannel-Mouth Gun
| Next Episode:|
The Ponderosa Birdman on IMDb
The Ponderosa Birdman on TV.com
Hoss goes above and beyond to help an eccentric, aging inventor and his overly-protective granddaughter realize their dream of manned flight.
Sweet old inventor Professor Phineas T. Klump, with help from from his grand-daughter Amanda, is determined to be the first man to fly.
Against his better judgment, Hoss is talked into donning a pair of huge, feather-covered wings and jumping off a cliff.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Wie Hoss das Fliegen lernte", meaning "How Hoss Learned To Fly".
- Hoss introduces Joe as "my little brother, Joe", yet both Amanda and her father immediately refer to him as "Little Joe."
"Imagine climbing a tree without a lariat."
- Adam Cartwright