| Season 3, Episode 33 |
#99 in Series
|Air date||May 13, 1962|
|Written by||John Furia|
|Directed by||Don McDougall|
| Previous Episode:|
The Long Night
| Next Episode:|
The Miracle Maker
The Mountain Girl on IMDb
The Mountain Girl on TV.com
Backwoods country girl Trudy Harker is left in Joe's care after the death of the grandfather who raised her. Joe is determined to fulfill his promise to the old man: turning Trudy into a "lady" so she can live in the California mansion of her other grandfather.
Joe is entrusted to see that Grandpa Coomb's deathbed wish is carried out. That his granddaughter is returned to the people she never knew -- the high society Harkers. Joe must teach her to be like them before they arrive as all she's known is the life of a sheepherder living in the mountains.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Carl Benton Reid: Josiah Harker
- Mary Treen: Annie Wilson
- Nancy Hadley: Stephanie Harker
- Nina Shipman: Trudy Coombs-Harker
- Robert F. Hoy: Jeb
- Warren Oates: Paul Magruder
- Will Wright: Seth Coombs
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Das Mädchen aus den Bergen", meaning "The Girl from the Mountains".
- This was Will Wright's last TV appearance. He died in June 1962.
- "Little brother, I gotta hand it to you - when it comes to women, you're the real expert in the family."
- "Mornin', Mr. Cartwright. Mornin', Mr. Cartwright. Mornin', Mr. Cartwright. Mornin', Little Joe!"