| Season , Episode 15 |
#430 in Series
|Air date||January 16, 1973|
|Written by||Michael Landon|
|Directed by||Michael Landon|
| Previous Episode:|
The Marriage of Theodora Duffy
| Next Episode:|
Bonanza: The Next Generation
The Hunter on IMDb
The Hunter on TV.com
Unhinged by the war, Bill Tanner takes sadistic pleasure in the role of predator. He escapes from a military asylum and encounters Joe. After taking Joe's horse and supplies, he declares Joe his prey and gives him a four hour head start. Joe spends the rest of the day using every trick he can think of to throw the psychotic killer off his trail.
After stealing Joe's wagon and his supplies, the psychotic Tanner explains that Joe just became his latest "prey," and that he intends to stalk him down and brutally murder him.
With no help in sight, Joe must rely on his wits and intuition to defeat Tanner.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Lorne Greene: Ben Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Mitch Vogel: Jamie Cartwright
- Don Collier: Military Judge (voice only)
- Grizzly Green: Harve
- Hal Burton: Man
- Peter O'Crotty: Old Man
- Phillip Avenetti: The Mexican
- Tom Skerritt: Corporal Bill Tanner
- This is the last episode of Bonanza.
- Three TV movies & a spin-off show followed
Did you know?Edit
- This show was remade on "Gunsmoke" as "Matt Dillon Must Die," the opener to that series' final season.
- With mostly action and very little dialog, this was Michael Landon's shortest script: only 39 pages.
|Forever | Heritage of Anger | The Initiation | Riot! | New Man | Ambush at Rio Lobo | The 26th Grave | Stallion | The Hidden Enemy | The Sound of Sadness | The Bucket Dog | First Love | The Witness | The Marriage of Theodora Duffy | The Hunter|