|Season 3, Episode 28|
|Air date||April 8, 1962|
|Written by||John T. Dugan|
|Directed by||Paul Nickell|
Inger, My Love
The Crucible on IMDb
The Crucible on TV.com
Adam retreats to the wilderness for some peace following an exhausting cattle drive. There's no relaxing as he's robbed and left to die by a couple of outlaws.
Attempting to make the dangerous trip to Signal Rock on foot, he meets a crazy prospector, Peter Kane. In exchange for helping him work his claim, Kane promises Adam his mule. Kane does not fulfill his promise.
After being robbed in the desert, Adam stumbles onto a seemingly chivalrous prospector named Peter Kane, who offers him a mule and supplies for three days work.
However, Kane is a demented madman who is interested in psychological torture, hoping to drive a seemingly rational man like Adam to murder. As Ben, Hoss and Little Joe try to retrace the missing Adam's footsteps, Adam must rely on his own wits to defeat Kane.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Barry Cahill: Jim Gann
- Howard Ledig: Frank Preston
- Lee Marvin: Peter Kane
- Paul Barselou: Bartender
- Roy Barcroft: Sheriff
- William Edmonson: Blacksmith
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Adam geht durch die Hölle", meaning "Adam Goes Through Hell".
- This episode was one of Pernell Roberts' personal favorites, as it gave him the best opportunity to showcase his acting abilities.
- You can see that Michael Landon is wearing a bathing suit in the bath scene.