|Season 6, Episode 18|
Woman of Fire
The Flannel-Mouth Gun
The Ballerina on IMDb
The Ballerina on TV.com
Kellie, a dancer, and her father Ned are taken in as guests of the Cartwright household. Hoss has decided the young woman with dreams of being a ballerina needs rescuing from dancing in saloons to the music her father fiddles.
A crippled former ballet dancer falls in love while teaching classical dance to the daughter of a traveling violinist, wants to help her audition for the San Francisco ballet but meets resistance from her father who wants her to keep performing with him.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Barrie Chase: Kellie Conrad
- Bill Clark: Cowboy in Tan Shirt
- Bob Miles: Cowboy in Blue Shirt
- Cosmo Sardo: Bartender
- Douglas Fowley: Ned Conrad
- Hugh Sanders: Mine Owner
- Read Morgan: Tad Blake
- Warren Stevens: Paul Mandel
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Die Tänzerin", meaning "The Dancer".
- Frank Chase wrote this episode for his sister Barrie Chase, who was a ballet dancer.
- Bonanza fans on the internet often cite this episode as their least-favorite of the entire series.