|Season 6, Episode 18|
|Ep.# in Series:||186|
|Air date||January 24, 1965|
|Written by||Frank Chase|
|Directed by||Don McDougall|
| Previous Episode:|
Woman of Fire
| Next Episode:|
The Flannel-Mouth Gun
The Ballerina on IMDb
The Ballerina on TV.com
Kellie, a dancer, and her father Ned are taken in as guests of the Cartwright household. Hoss has decided the young woman with dreams of being a ballerina needs rescuing from dancing in saloons to the music her father fiddles.
A crippled former ballet dancer falls in love while teaching classical dance to the daughter of a traveling violinist, wants to help her audition for the San Francisco ballet but meets resistance from her father who wants her to keep performing with him.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Greene: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon joe cartwright
- jillian m. Astin Jillian cartwright
- pernell roberts Adam Cartwright
- Barrie Chase: Kellie Conrad
- Cosmo Sardo: Bartender
- Douglas Fowley: Ned Conrad
- neal Theodore holden Paul Cartwright my son with Down syndrome age 15
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Die Tänzerin", meaning "The Dancer".
- Frank Chase wrote this episode for his sister Barrie Chase, who was a ballet dancer.
- Bonanza fans on the internet often cite this episode as their least-favorite of the entire series.