|Season 4, Episode 3|
A Hot Day for a Hanging
The Artist on IMDb
The Artist on TV.com
Painter Matthew Raine lost his sight and has been wallowing in self pity ever since. He starts to come out of his shell thanks to his new housekeeper, but an unsavory employee wants to keep Raine incapacitated.
Matthew Raine, once a world class artist, has lost his sight due to disease. When befriended by Ben Cartwright, he realizes he has been feeling sorry for himself all this time and with his friend Ann's help, finds a way to turn his darkness into light.
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Arch Johnson: Gavin
- Dan O'Herlihy: Matthew Raine
- Frank Chase: Jim
- S. John Launer: Buyer
- Ralph Montgomery: Bartender
- Virginia Grey: Ann Loring
- William Keene: Stevens
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Ben und der blinde Maler", meaning "Ben and the Blind Painter".
- The Ponderosa exterior is once again redressed as the home of Matthew Raine.
- "The way I figure it, if a man punches me in the nose, the least I can do is have coffee with him at his house."