|Season 4, Episode 22|
A Stranger Passed This Way
The Actress on IMDb
The Actress on TV.com
Joe falls in love with aspiring actress Julia Grant, a young woman with more ambition than talent. He promises Julia that he'll help her with her career, so he seeks advice from the greatest actor of their time: Edwin Booth, who's performing in Virginia City.
Little Joe meets a beautiful woman who tells her of her dreams of becoming an actress. She is a widow with a young son, and Little Joe is drawn by both sympathy and attraction to help her. He arranges a job for her as a singer in high-class saloon.
Her first performance is a success, but the attention of male customers piques Joe's jealousy, and a brawl ensues.
Despite this and other setbacks, Joe falls in love with her. However, he finds that he must find a way to deal with his feelings when confronted by her success on the stage.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Betty Endicott: Brunette Saloon Girl
- Bob Miles: Saloon Brawler
- Herman Hack: Show Spectator
- Jack Tornek: Show Spectator
- Joey Scott: Tommy Grant
- John Rodney: Edwin Booth
- Lester Matthews: Forrester
- Martha Manor: Blonde Saloon Girl
- Pat Crowley: Julia Grant
- Robert F. Hoy: Chuck Miller
- Robert Stevenson: Jim Larkin
- Sam Harris: Show Spectator
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Little Joe verliebt sich", meaning "Little Joe Falls in Love".