|Season 5, Episode 25|
No Less a Man
The Saga of Muley Jones
Return to Honor on IMDb
Return to Honor on TV.com
Ben gets word that his nephew Will has been murdered in nearby Pine City. As it turns out, Will has been shot and wounded while on the run from a counterfeiting gang that wants back the engraving plates Will has "appropriated" from them.
Ben travels to nearby Pine City to pay respects after learning of the murder of his nephew Will. Ben visits the grave and finds finds his nephew alive, but suffering with a bullet wound. Will tells his uncle he's hiding out from a group of counterfeiter's whose engraving plates he swiped, and wants them to think he's dead. Ben decides his best bet is to take Will home to the Ponderosa.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Guy Williams: Will Cartwright
- Arch Johnson: E.J. Butler
- Bill Clark: Jenner
- Bob Miles: Gunman on Roof
- Gregg Palmer: Gannett
- Hugh Sanders: Dr. Moore
- James Tartan: Townsman
- I. Stanford Jolley: Liveryman
- Ralph Montgomery: Bartender
- Robert J. Wilke: Marshal Hollister
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "William Cartwright", meaning "William Cartwright".
- This episode introduced Guy Williams as Ben's nephew Will Cartwright. He was intended as a possible replacement for Pernell Roberts, who was considering leaving at that time. It's reported that he met with much resistance from the show's stars and was written out before the season ended in the episode Triangle.