|Season 4, Episode 27|
|Ep.# in Series:||127|
|Air date||March 31, 1963|
|Written by||A. I. Bezzerides|
|Directed by||Lewis Allen|
| Previous Episode:|
Any Friend of Walter's
| Next Episode:|
My Brother's Keeper
Mirror of a Man on IMDb
Mirror of a Man on TV.com
Righteous resident Jud Lally is visited by his twin brother, outlaw Rube Barnes, and forced into trading places.
While posing as his brother, Rube murders a man and steals a horse, leaving Jud looking guilty of the crimes. The Cartrights try to help Jud, but are unable to tell the two apart.
Homer Barnes is one of a family of criminals and murderers. He has tried to leave his past behind by taking a new name, getting married, and going to work at the Ponderosa. His twin brother, Rube, kills a man and steals his horse. Homer finds himself accused of the crime.
As a result, Homer finds that he must face his past. In so doing, he, and Ben, must help Homer's father to make a hard choice.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Eugene Mazzola: Toby Breckenridge
- Ford Rainey: Luke Barnes
- Joseph Breen: Sol Breckenridge
- Kathleen O'Malley: Janey Breckenridge
- Nancy Rennick: Amelia Lolly
- Ron Hayes: Jud Lolly/Homer Barnes
- Ron Hayes: Rube Barnes
- Tristram Coffin: Ralph Austin
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Die Barnes-Brüder", meaning "The Barnes Brothers".
- "Oh boy, have I been stupid."
- ―Joseph Cartwright[src]