|Season 4, Episode 20|
The Last Haircut
Marie, My Love on IMDb
Marie, My Love on TV.com
When Joe sustains a life-threatening injury after a fall, Ben reminisces about his third wife (and Joe's mother), New Orleans belle Marie. The memories include a scandal that almost tore the young couple apart.
Little Joe suffers a riding injury that prompts Ben to remember Joe's long deceased mother.
His remembrance carries him back to the time he met her in New Orleans. Ben says that a close friend, who had saved Ben's life, made a dying request of Ben, that he go to New Orleans, meet with his estranged wife, and give her a message. Ben fulfills his promise to his friend, and uncovers the deception underlying the estrangement. He confronts those in New Orleans responsible for the deception; and in so doing, finds himself falling in love with his friend's widow.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Felicia Farr: Marie Cartwright
- Eduard Franz: Marius Angerville
- George Dolenz: Eduard D'Arcy
- Jean Del Val: Monsieur Clemont
- Lili Valenty: Madame DeMarigny
- Richard Angarola: Andre
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Meine liebe Marie", meaning "My Dear Marie".
- In A Rose for Lotta, Joe told Lotta Crabtree that his mother's name was Felicia. Coincidentally, Felicia Farr plays Joe's mother, Marie.
- This episode aired 2 days after George Dolenz' death in 1963
- The locket with Joe's mother in is the same one he gave to Clay in the first episode of this season along with a very different portrait of his mother.
- In the prologue, Joe falls off the horse and Ben rushes to him. Perhaps Ben meant to say, "Get the cart", but instead, he tells Hoss "Get the car and get the doctor, quick!"