| Season 5, Episode 12 |
#146 in Series
|Air date||December 22, 1963|
|Written by||Robert V. Barron|
|Directed by||John Florea|
| Previous Episode:|
| Next Episode:|
The Prime of Life
Hoss and the Leprechauns on IMDb
Hoss and the Leprechauns on TV.com
No one really believes Hoss' fantastic story about the strongbox full of gold he shows up with. He claims it was given to him by leprechauns.
Wherever it came from, it's enough to send locals on a wild treasure hunt for more. In a way, Hoss' leprechauns do exist; they're a band of little people from the carnival who have staged a rebellion against their shady boss, Professor McCarthy.
Hoss scares a bear that has treed a green-clad little man, subsequently finds a buried strongbox filled with bags of gold dust and, when both the treasure and its owner disappear, unsuccessfully tries to convince his skeptical family that he'd discovered a leprechaun's hoard.
But the whole town goes searching for the mythical men after a newly arrived Irish professor confirms the presence of multiple leprechauns...and their gold!
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Clegg Hoyt: Dorsel
- Felix Silla: Sean
- Frank Delfino: Timothy
- Harry Monty: Michael
- Nels P. Nelson: Bobby
- Robert Sorrells: Charlie
- Roger Arroyo : Audie
- Sean McClory: Professor James Aloysius McCarthy
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Hoss und die grünen Männchen", meaning "Hoss and the Green Manikins".
- TV Guide names this episode as a classic.
- "We're looking for little green men riding around on good sized hound dogs."
- ―Adam Cartwright[src]