| Season 3, Episode 14 |
#80 in Series
|Air date||December 24, 1961|
|Written by||Anthony Lawrence|
|Directed by||Lewis Allen|
| Previous Episode:|
The Tin Badge
| Next Episode:|
Gabrielle on IMDb
Gabrielle on TV.com
The Cartwrights find a blind 11-year-old girl wandering around in the snow. Gabrielle is an orphan who's searching hopelessly for her grandfather. The family locates the old man; he's an unpleasant old hermit who doesn't like people, much less relatives.
The Cartwrights find a loving home for Gabrielle, a blind eleven year old girl, whose parents were killed in an overturned wagon; but Gabrielle wants to live with her grandfather, a crusty mountain hermit who wants nothing to do with anyone...including his orphaned granddaughter.
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Diane Mountford: Gabrielle Wickham
- Evelyn Scott: Drew Paster
- John Abbott: Zachariah Wickham
- Kevin Hagen: Everett Paster
- Michael McGreevey: Jeremy Paster
- Selmer Jackson: Doctor
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Die blind Gabrielle", meaning "The Blind Gabrielle".
- "No, no. Just plain Hoss, H-O-S-S. Not H-O-R-S-E."