|Season 1, Episode 16|
|Ep.# in Series:||16|
|Air date||January 2, 1960|
|Written by||John Tucker Battle|
|Directed by||Christian Nyby|
| Previous Episode:|
The Last Hunt
| Next Episode:|
El Toro Grande on IMDb
El Toro Grande on TV.com
After tangling with bandits on the way to California to buy a prize bull for the Ponderosa, Little Joe fends off a pretty senorita and her jealous fiancé, while Hoss discovers that the bull has been spirited away by a little boy who is convinced that the Cartwrights plan to kill and eat his big bovine friend.
First, two men try to steal the $15,000 Hoss is carrying.
Second, Joe butts heads with a jealous neighbor, Eduardo El Montalban over the purchase of the bull.
Third, the bull disappears when his young caretaker, Epifanio Lopez fears the Americans mean to eat his beloved bull.
Fifth, Hoss has to fight a bear that wants to eat the bull.
Sixth, Cayetana stows away in the bull's wagon and insists that she's going to marry Joe.
Seventh, Eduardo, Cayetana's fiance, comes to fight for her and Joe has to duel with rapiers.
Eighth, not only do Hoss and Joe have to take Epifanio with them, because where the bull is the boy is, but they also have to take Epifanio's parents.
Ben is not happy to find that Hoss had to pay extra for the wagon and team to bring the bull back, but he's also not pleased to have the Mexican family along. But, there's always plenty of room at the Ponderosa. Adam asks if they had any trouble. Hoss and Joe quickly recite their adventures. Adam thinks that's a lotta bull.
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Alan Roberts: Epifanio Lopez
- Alma Beltran: Maria Theresa Losaro
- Armand Alzamora: Eduardo El Montalban
- Barbara Luna: Cayetena Losaro
- Don Kelly: Second Bandit
- Duane Cress: Bandit
- Jose Gonzales-Gonzales: Valiente Lopez
- Penny Santon: Esmerelda Lopez
- Ralph Moody: Indian Chief
- Ricardo Cortez: Don Xavier Losaro
- Rodd Red Wing: Indian Brave
- Tina Menard: Floriana
Did You Know?Edit
- Hoss mentions his actual first name: Eric.
- "No, I do not wish to marry with you. And when I do decide to get married, I’d like to do the asking."
- ―Little Joe to Cayetena [src]