|Season 5, Episode 7|
|Ep.# in Series:||141|
|Air date||November 3, 1963|
|Written by||Warren Douglas|
|Directed by||Charles Rondeau|
| Previous Episode:|
A Question of Strength
| Next Episode:|
Calamity Over the Comstock on IMDb
Calamity Over the Comstock on TV.com
Trouble with a capital "T" that rhymes with "C" comes to Virginia City when Little Joe brings young Calamity Jane home to the Ponderosa after rescuing her from a deadly prairie raid.
Joe meets up with Calamity Jane and promises her dying father that he'll take care of her. He brings her to the Ponderosa, keeping her gender a secret from the other Cartwrights so she can collect her inheritance. Joe and "Cal" begin to fall in love, which is bad news because she has a jealous boyfriend: Doc Holliday.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Bern Hoffman: Bartender
- Betty Endicott: Brunette Dance Guest
- Big John Hamilton: Miner
- Bill Clark: Cowboy in Bar
- Bob Miles: Indian
- Christopher Dark: John 'Doc' Holliday
- Fifi D'Orsay: Babette
- Russ Bender: Walt
- Stefanie Powers: Martha Jane 'Calamity Jane' Canary
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Das Mädchen Cal und Little Joe", meaning "Little Joe and a Girl Named Cal".
- "Jane... So how can you call yourself Cal?"
"Well, that's short for calamity."
- ―Ben and Calamity Jane[src]
- "Adam, will you talk some sense of your brother?!"
"Ye talk to him. He's your son."
- ―Ben and Adam[src]