| Season 4, Episode 23 |
#123 in Series
|Air date||March 3, 1963|
|Written by||William L. Stuart|
|Directed by||Lewis Allen|
| Previous Episode:|
| Next Episode:|
The Way of Aaron
A Stranger Passed This Way on IMDb
A Stranger Passed This Way on TV.com
After being whacked over the head by outlaws, Hoss suffers amnesia. He's nursed back to health by an elderly Dutch couple who recently lost their own son. When Hoss comes to, the couple tells him that he is their son and must stay with them. Their deception begins to collapse when Ben comes by searching for his son.
Bushwacked and suffering from amnesia, Hoss is found wandering down the road by the Vandervorts, an older couple who are happy to take the gentle giant into their family to replace the son they lost. But when Ben comes looking for his missing son, the Vandervorts lie about seeing him and refuse to tell Hoss who he really is, planning to take him to Michigan with them and away from his real family, and the Ponderosa, for good.
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Addison Richards: Dr. Hickman
- Robert Carricart: Don Escobar
- Robert Emhardt: Klaas Vandervort
- Signe Hasso: Christina Vandervort
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Der Weg nach Placerville", meaning "The Way to Placerville".