|Season 6, Episode 11|
A Man to Admire on IMDb
A Man to Admire on TV.com
Knocked unconscious and framed for the murder of scheming rancher, Flint Durfee, Hoss Cartwright refuses his father's expensive lawyer and trusts his defense to new friend Whit Parker, a troubled trial attorney who is drowning his past in alcohol.
Framed lawyer Whitney Parker has been hired to represent Hoss, who has been charged with a murder. Parker's best days are behind him and he's now an alcoholic. The Cartwrights are determined to keep the lawyer sober so he can save Hoss from hanging.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Lorne Green: Ben Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Betty Endicott: Brunette Woman in Gray Dress
- Bill Clark: Cowboy in Blue Shirt
- Bob Miles: Townsman in Courtroom
- Booth Colman: Flint Durfee
- Dave Willock: Deeter
- Hal Baylor: Ev Durfee
- James Gregory: Attorney Whitney Parker
- Jason Johnson: Judge
- Jonathan Hole: Dr. Kleiser
- Martha Manor: Blonde Woman in Checked Dress
- Michel Petit: Benjie
- Norman Leavitt: Mr. Bartlett - Telegrapher
- William Mims: Prosecutor Byran Evans
Did you know?Edit
- Hoss would again depended on an alcoholic defense attorney in the Season 9 episode The Bottle Fighter.
- German episode title: "Hoss unter Anklage", meaning "Hoss Under Charge".
- The first season had stories about the Cartwrights and Virginia City during the civil war, yet, in season 6, Abraham Lincoln isn't even president yet.