|Season 6, Episode 7|
|Ep.# in Series:||175|
|Air date||November 1, 1964|
|Written by||Richard Shapiro |
|Directed by||William F. Claxton|
| Previous Episode:|
| Next Episode:|
Square Deal Sam
A Dime's Worth of Glory on IMDb
A Dime's Worth of Glory on TV.com
An author is inspired to write about the heroic Cartwrights after watching first-hand as they fight off an attempted robbery of a stage. As Ben and Adam see no use for the glory of such a novel, they turn the writer down forcing him to turn to the sheriff who quickly accepts.
Ben and Adam capture a known outlaw that tried to hold up the stage they were passengers on. A reporter who was also a passenger wants to make them both famous, even if he has to amplify the story.
But when they take him to jail at the next town, they are met by an aloof sheriff who doesn't mind regaining his past glory with the help of a little creative writing.
Cast and CharactersEdit
The Cartwright :Edit
- Pernell Roberts: Adam Cartwright
- Dan Blocker: Hoss Cartwright
- Michael Landon: Little Joe Cartwright
- Lorne Greene: Ben Cartwright
- Anthony Jochim: Deputy Sheriff
- Bruce Cabot: Sheriff Reed Larrimore
- Charles Maxwell: Gus Pickard
- Dal Jenkins: Raymond
- James Bell: Pop
- John Harmon: Telegrapher
- Preston Pierce: Mike
- Walter Brooke: Tobias Wentworth Finch
Did you know?Edit
- German episode title: "Ein zweifelhafter Ruhm", meaning "A Doubtful Glory".